Why attend mWISE?
Top 5 reasons to attend mWISE:
- Hear thought leaders on the keynote stage—chosen for their expertise and experience and not for paid sponsorship.
- Meet your peers. It’s time to get back to those invaluable hallway conversations, after-class debates, and catch-ups over coffee or a meal. Discuss your challenges and experiences with one another and get new perspectives at a more intimate event where you can hear each other.
- Listen to content curated by an independent program committee who are deeply involved with the security community and know today’s threat landscape.
- Visit organizations and speak with their experts. Hear about solutions to help with your specific challenges – all in one place.
- Be a part of the newest industry event—one designed for knowledge sharing, collaboration in an environment free from vendor influence on content.
Justifying your attendance
Need a little help to justify attending mWISE™ Conference 2023? Here’s something to get you started:
Subject: Approval to attend mWISE Conference 2023
Dear <insert name>,
Mandiant Worldwide Information Security Exchange (mWISE) Conference takes place <Choose in Washington, D.C. or online> from September 18-20, 2023. This was the Mandiant Cyber Defense Summit but is now open to non-customers and partners. It offers two and a half days of learning from and networking with security industry leaders and practitioners, and I’m seeking approval to attend.
Attending will give me access to:
- Hear from security thought leaders like Kevin Mandia on the keynote stage.
- Over 70 sessions on critical challenges and issues facing the security industry today. Topics include cloud security, intelligence, security engineering and third party and cyber risk management.
- Opportunity to meet, see demos and discuss solutions with key suppliers who can assist with implementation and development.
- Networking and learning with peers and industry leaders.
The approximate cost to attend is $XX. Here’s the breakdown: <Adjust as appropriate>
- Conference pass $XX <Add appropriate pass price at time of purchase>
- Travel: $XX <Consider airfare, car rental, taxi, shared rides, public transit, etc.>
- Accommodations: $XX <Consider hotel, Airbnb, etc.>
- Meals: $XX <X days @ XX/day>
You know that the threat landscape is changing, and the pace and complexity of change continues to accelerate. Verizon’s 2021 Data Breach Investigations Report noted phishing is up 11%, ransomware attacks by 6%, and 52% of incidents that were unintentional were due to misconfiguration (and when known, 80% of these incidents are discovered by researchers). It’s important to keep abreast of new developments, best practices and, to build relationships so we can learn from industry peers.
When I return, I can create a road trip report to share with the team: key findings/insights and new ideas.
To get the best available rate, I need to register by <X date> . Please let me know if you have any questions or wish to discuss.
<Add closing signature>