Speakers are required to review and accept the mWISE Conference 2023 speaker agreement form before presenting.
mWISE™ Conference 2023: Speaker Release Form
mWISE Conference 2023 (“mWISE”) Speaker/Participant Release (the “Agreement”)
By submitting this form, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree to the following terms, which, among other things, allows Mandiant, now part of Google Cloud, and the mWISE organizers (collectively "mWISE Organizers") to use any audio-video footage, images, transcript, and materials of/from my mWISE Conference 2023 presentation:
- I accept the offer of mWISE Organizers to participate as a speaker at mWISE Conference, September 18-20th in Washington, DC.
- As a speaker at mWISE, I understand and agree that I will not receive any compensation for speaking at mWISE. I will receive one (1) full mWISE registration. This registration pass includes admission to all sessions and all other benefits available to full mWISE attendees. Even though I may participate in multiple sessions/panels, I will only receive one (1) complimentary, non-transferable registration. Travel, lodging, and related expenses are not paid or reimbursed by mWISE Organizers.
- I cannot add a co-presenter to my session without obtaining written consent from mWISE Organizers in advance.
- I understand that the views and opinions expressed at mWISE will be mine and not those of mWISE Organizers. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless mWISE Organizers against any claims, losses, expenses, or damages that may be incurred by mWISE Organizers as a result of my presentation, or from any breach of this Agreement.
- I understand and agree that presentations are to be an objective review on the topic that I am presenting and must be technical or solution-oriented. I understand mWISE is an educational event, not a sales or marketing platform. My materials will also be reflective of the current concerns, issues, and regulations of the topic(s) I am addressing.
- I agree that the information contained in my presentation(s) or related presentation materials:
- Will be factual and not misleading;
- Will not violate any obligation of confidentiality that I (or my company or organization) has with any third party;
- Will not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party, including any company or organization with which I am either currently affiliated or have been affiliated in the past; and
- Will not defame any third party or constitute an invasion of privacy, or otherwise be unlawful or actionable. I have the full authority to enter into this Agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in my presentation.
- I understand that mWISE Organizers follow a responsible disclosure policy and have been doing so for many years. I agree that I will not announce a zero-day exposure on stage and that any vendor who may be impacted has been properly informed (time to issue patches, if applicable, etc.). Additionally, I confirm that any compromised organization’s identifying characteristics (logo, colors, distinguishing marks, IP’s, domains, etc.) will be appropriately masked.
- In the unavoidable situation that I am unable to fulfill my commitment to speak, I will advise my designated mWISE speaker manager as soon as possible and will find an alternate speaker for my session. If I end my employment or affiliation with my company or organization or fail to meet any established deadlines, mWISE Organizers reserve the right to replace me as a speaker. If I am replaced, I understand that mWISE Organizers will not be liable for any costs I or my company may have incurred. mWISE ORGANIZERS MUST CONSENT IN ADVANCE TO ALL SPEAKER SUBSTITUTIONS.
- As a speaker or co-speaker, if my session includes a presentation (for purposes of clarification only, panelists generally do not submit slides), I will use the mWISE slide template, which will be provided by mWISE Organizers, as the slide format for my presentation. I will notify my mWISE speaker manager if I want to use slides and other presentation tools, videos, or demonstrations.
- I understand that my presentation materials must be submitted for review by mWISE Organizers to ensure that my content is appropriate and matches the abstract that was submitted. I will submit to the mWISE speaker manager my presentation(s) in the required slide format no later than August 3, 2023. If I am requested to do so by mWISE Organizers, I will revise my slides and my presentation based on the feedback provided within the ascribed deadlines.
- Should the presentation change after the final submission, I agree to notify the mWISE speaker manager that the presentation has changed and I will submit the changed presentation no later than 12:00 PM Pacific Time, August 31, 2023. For clarity, all changes are subject to mWise Organizers’ review.
- I will provide a high-resolution headshot and a 100-word bio to mWISE Organizers. I understand that my headshot and bio will be on the mWISE Conference website as a speaker at the event.
Press, Media in Attendance
- I understand that press will attend mWISE and will have access to session rooms. Badges will clearly signify their status as members of the press.
Rights to Name, Likeness, Materials and Presentations
- I understand and hereby authorize mWISE Organizers and the press to capture my presentation, including my likeness, voice and verbal statements, in an audio/visual format or a combination thereof. I give permission to mWISE Organizers and the press to use my name, likeness, voice, photograph, and biographical data, and any other information about me in connection with mWISE and in any manner mWISE Organizers deem reasonably appropriate in any and all media, now known or hereafter created without any compensation to me. I further grant to mWISE Organizers a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, broadcast, translate, and distribute my presentation and all presentation materials, in whole or in part in all media now known or further developed, including any recordings or handouts, in any manner mWISE Organizers deem appropriate, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution and display on the internet, without my approval.
- This license does not change ownership in the presentation; I retain copyright ownership of my presentation, and this Agreement does not prohibit me from using my presentation in any way or from allowing others to use it, provided that it is not used in the mWISE PowerPoint Template format.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall be understood or construed to create or imply any relationship between the parties in the nature of any joint venture, employer/employee, principal/agent or partnership. I agree that I will not become an employee of mWISE Organizers by acting under this Agreement.
Termination and Force Majeure
- I understand mWISE Organizers may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing written notice to me.
- I understand that if mWISE is prevented due to acts of God, government restrictions, flood, fire, earthquake, epidemics, pandemics, shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities, embargoes, war, invasion, hostilities, riots or other civil unrest, strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns, or other industrial disturbances, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of myself or mWISE Organizers which makes it commercially impracticable, illegal, or impossible to hold mWISE, either myself or mWISE Organizers shall not be responsible to the other party for failure or delay in performance of its obligations to conduct the presentation or mWISE. Either party will immediately notify the other if the presentation or mWISE cannot move forward as planned.
The governing language of this Agreement is English. This Agreement and any related legal action shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be commenced exclusively in federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, and each party hereto irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such suit, action or proceeding. Headings are for reference only. If part of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Failure to enforce any term shall not constitute a waiver. This Agreement may not be assigned without mWISE Organizer’s express, prior written consent which may be withheld at mWISE Organizer’s sole discretion. This Agreement may not be amended except by written instrument signed by mWISE Organizers.
BY CLICKING ON THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON, I ACCEPT THE TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND CONFIRM MY PARTICIPATION IN mWISE. BY CLICKING ON THE “DO NOT ACCEPT” BUTTON, I UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE CONTACTED BY A SPEAKER MANAGER TO DISCUSS THE AGREEMENT IN MORE DETAIL. FAILURE TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT PRECLUDES ME FROM ANY PARTICIPATION IN mWISE. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT ALL SPEAKERS AT mWISE ARE REQUIRED TO AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT.